- Nasal saline sprays or a neti pot twice a day;
- Take combination antihistamine/decongestant as directed;
- Use intranasal cromolyn sodium as directed;
- Take Tylenol and ibuprofen when needed; and
- Eat, drink, exercise, and sleep as your body directs you.
Other therapies of mixed or uncertain benefit include:
- Herbal remedies such as elderberry and echinacea;
- Vitamins C, D, and E; and
Remember, no matter how miserable you feel, your body’s defenses will kill the responsible germs. Antibiotics are of no help. Save time and save money; only go to the doctor if you have a fever, are excessively fatigued, or are having difficulty breathing. The best “remedy,” of course, is to avoid catching a cold in the first place! Use the Sneez app – Get Smart, Not Sick!